Sunday, April 9, 2017

My thoughts on the Assassin's Creed Series Part 1

Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 So Far


Hello! I'm taking a short break from writing about MMO's mostly because I haven't had time to sit down and play them to the point that I have something new to say about them. I'm also not done giving my first impressions of all the games I've played. I have a few ideas about what I want to do after I'm done writing about these games. That's what I'm here to write about today.

I'm more of a casual gamer. I don't typically play a game on the highest difficulty. It's because of this that I want two write about two series in particular; Assassin's Creed, and Dark Souls. Assassin's Creed because there aren't difficulty settings, and Dark Souls because it's notoriously hard.

I had to sell my PS3 quite a few years ago, and my computer was also broken during that time period so I didn't really get to enjoy these series as much as I would have liked. I got another PS3 2 years ago, and had been meaning to play the original Assassin's Creed. Well I completed the game recently and started on Assassin's Creed 2. There are a few things I've noticed moving from Assassin's Creed to Assassin's Creed 2.

The combat in Assassin's Creed 2 is a lot easier. There are also a few quality of life changes that were made to the combat. I say that combat is easier because I typically use counters to dispatch my foes, and countering has been made quite a bit easier. Whereas in Assassin's Creed I would most likely get hit for trying to parry too early the timing window in Assassin's Creed 2 seems to have been extended.

As far as the quality of life changes go there's the addition of health bars for the enemies which makes it easier to tell if you're about to kill someone. There's also NPC markers to make it easier to see someone that you're supposed to protect, or to tell you when guards are on the verge of going after you. They've also made climbing up and down a little faster than it was in Assassin's Creed. One major change that I've liked very much is the ability to blend with any group of people on the street. This makes avoiding the guards seem a lot easier. I've also noticed that whereas in Assassin's Creed guards would chase you to the ends of the earth unless you broke line of sight and hid in Assassin's Creed 2 you can lose the guards if you break line of sight and flee the area.

Overall I can't wait to see how this series develops. I know there are people that have a lot of negative things to say about some of the games in the later series. I've watched a few streams and videos and I can honestly say I can see why people have a few things to complain about, but as I've said before I don't think some of these things make the games unplayable. Thanks to anyone out there that's reading this. I'll be writing some more about the MMO's I've been playing, and eventually the Dark Souls Series. Thanks for stopping by and see ya around!

No comments:

Post a Comment