Thursday, April 20, 2017

Diablo 3 Season 10 Thoughts and Tips

Hello! It's been a few days since my last blog post. I've been well though. I had a few bad nights because I'm still missing Randy, and I don't quite know how to deal with it. It's hard to let go when your life revolved around another person for years.

But that's not what I'm here to talk about. I don't know what rock I had my head under for the past few years but I've totally been missing out on seasonal play in Diablo 3. I know I've already talked about how much I love this bad game. To be honest when I played it in 2012 I never used the auction house or the real money auction house, so I don't really get it when people say it ruined the game. I will admit though that it may have cheapened the fun for some people because they could just plug in whatever stats they wanted and gear out as long as they had enough gold

Anyhow on to seasonal play. I love this idea. It took me back to when I first started the game. I had to level everything all over again. It's slow going in the beginning. I never felt like I was out of stash room or anything though. Which is a good feeling. I like to have a lot of room for gems. I don't play hardcore yet so I'm not stashing tons of gear in case I die.

I'm playing a Wizard this season. I'm not really out to top the charts. If I was I would have started a couple weeks ago. I'm not even using an optimal spec. I also have no idea what the optimal gear is. I can look it up later if it becomes an issue. At the time of this writing I'm paragon level 47. I'm still a baby when it comes to my paragon level. You can check out my character Parathunder here.

While I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to Diablo 3 but I do have some advice when it comes to the Wizard. Make sure you keep your buffs up at all times. This should go without saying. Try to keep a high damage weapon in your hands when you're leveling. It can be easy to miss the increase to damage when you get a weapon that isn't a typical weapon for a Wizard. Just realize that everything scales based on your weapon's damage. While I was leveling I had usually a big two handed weapon. Try to focus more on your weapon while leveling. Gear is nice but when you get a good weapon upgrade while leveling you could be getting like 100% higher damage from a new weapon.

My next bit of advice is for battle. Pay attention to your position in battle. I try to focus on choke points as I'm a disintegrate Wizard. I know that makes me a pleb but like I said I don't really care about the charts right now. I tend to plant my hydras far ahead of me and fall back to a corner or a choke point and blast with disintegrate I use Storm Armor so that I get a little passive damage. So far I'm doing really well playing on Torment I. I may switch things up later so that it's more optimal.

Anyhow all this talking about Diablo 3 makes me want to play some Diablo 3. Thanks for taking the time to read this. My next entry will probably have links to guides and stuff as I'll probably be moving to a more optimal build. If you want really good guides / builds /specs for all things Blizzard check out icy-veins.com/. Thanks again for reading see ya around!

No comments:

Post a Comment